Friends and visitors, welcome to Evergreen Community Church in Powhatan County, Virginia. We are affiliated with the Presbyterian Church in America, a Christ-centered denomination with a rich history and tradition (www.pcanet.org). It is our desire to serve the Powhatan community as joyous worshipers and passionate disciples of Jesus Christ. Our aim is to glorify God by embodying the actions and attitudes of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are here to serve you and to build relationships in this community with the love of Christ as our foundation. Please join us for worship and fellowship.Pastor Len
About Pastor Leonard Liu
Len was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil and moved to the Los Angeles area when he was five years old. The Lord saved him at the age of eleven at a church family summer retreat at Big Bear Lake, CA. He attended college at Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA and graduate school at the University of Southern California studying biochemistry. He was active in the academic as well as the business environments which eventually took him to New Jersey where Len met his wife Nancy. The Lord called Len into ministry while in NJ, and he subsequently attended Biblical Theological Seminary in Hatfield, PA. Len and Nancy were married after his first year in seminary. After receiving his M.Div. & M.A. degrees, he returned to the work force and waited on the Lord for direction in ministry. Len was eventually called to a church in Midlothian, VA to be the associate pastor for discipleship and assimilation in 2002 and he and his family moved to the Richmond suburbs. In September 2007, he was called to begin a new church in Powhatan and began work on this ministry in March 2008. He enjoys reading, cheering for the Los Angeles Lakers, cooking but mostly time with his wife, Nancy, and his three children.
What We Believe
Evergreen Community Church is in the James River Presbytery, part of the Presbyterian Church in America (a reformed denomination).
- The Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- The Holy Trinity: there is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- All are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God's displeasure, except by His mercy.
- Salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- The Holy Spirit indwells God's people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- All aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Evergreen Community Church is a vibrant community of joyous worshipers who proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ and spread a passion for the glory of God.
A community of believers where God is glorified & Jesus Christ is exalted by the power of the Holy Spirit.
A gospel-centered community growing in the knowledge of God and expressing the love & grace of Jesus in caring covenant relationships.
A missionary community with a passion to see lives transformed by the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ in Powhatan County and beyond.